- dynamic typing: simpler declarations, no casts, no interfaces, less keywords, simpler syntax (but I see possible drawbacks: its may be more error prone, and probably less runtime performant)
- "this" is mandatory to access object-variables, in java its optional. This is more clear semantics and promotes the use of local variables.
- simple and powerfull Array and Hashtable (instead of Java's multitude of Array,Vector,List,Collections..)
- prototype based object system. its more flexible than javas class based system, e.g. you can add methods to existing objects.
- last but not least: it runs everywhere in the browser, quite like java, but in a more straightforward and powerfull way (direct dom access, not like a plugin).
Blog about (Web-) Programming, Graphics and Games.